You fear failure. You’re overwhelmed. You’re tired. You don’t have enough time. The kids won’t take a nap. You have too much to do. Or Life just happened to you. These are a few things that can get in the way of our ability to remain productive and consistent in our daily business action plan.
So how can you fix this? How can you get some balance so that you can become consistently productive so that you can meet goals and deadlines and accomplish the most important tasks in your business while managing the rest of your life?
Here are 5 Ways that can help you, the stay at home mompreneur and entrepreneur be more productive and consistent:
1. Create A Daily Action Plan (Daily Mode Of Operation) –If you’re not clear on the tasks that you should be doing daily in your business to meet deadlines and accomplish goals then you need a daily action plan. A daily action plan includes activities that grow your business such as investing in self-development, growing your network, prospecting, content creation and client work to name a few.
***Bonus Tip***You should at 5 of your most important business (money making) activities on your daily action plan list.
Having a daily action plan gives you a sense of balance and order to help you focus on important business activities. It also helps you to eliminate distractions and cut out any activities that may be time-wasters and energy zappers that do not benefit you or your business.
2. Create Systems (Business On Autopilot)- Do you feel that it’s taking to long to do one or more tasks that really shouldn’t be taking so long to do? For example, Is it taking a significant amount of time on boarding a new client? Then you need to create a client on boarding system. For example, simply create a 30-minute discovery call or consultation form here asking your potential client some simple questions such as their name, business name, business address, how many years in business and what you can help them with. Have them schedule a consultation with appointment schedulers such as Calendly or Acuity and go over your contract and or policy and terms and conditions as well as acquire a signature.
3. Plan Ahead– Planning ahead sure saves a lot of time and energy doesn’t it? How many of you know what I’m talking about? If you are finding yourself overwhelmed about mompreneur concerns such as what you’re going to talk about in next week’s YouTube video or what’s for dinner then it’s best to get in the habit of planning ahead. Planning ahead not only reduces overwhelm but increases your productivity and reduces the the potential for procrastination.
4. Stop Trying To Be Everywhere and Listening To Everyone – When I first started out in my business journey, not only did I have no direction on what my daily action plan should be, I was everywhere and listening to everyone. I thought I had to be on every social media platform and I was listening to every “guru” or expert on the Internet. This only resulted in overwhelm, procrastination and inaction. Until my coach had to break the news to me that I can be everywhere, but I will actually end up nowhere. Does this sound like you? If so, this is how you fix it.
1. Find 1-3 coaches and mentors in your industry you resonate with, follow them, join their groups, attend their trainings, enroll in their programs and apply the knowledge and skills you learn from them in your business consistently. There’s so many great an knowledgeable experts, coaches, mentors and gurus in every industry with great content but it’s impossible to religiously follow and listen to everyone. Choosing 1-3 people to join will eliminate all the confusion and overwhelm that comes along with attempting to listen to everyone.
2. Trying to master and manage multiple social media platforms? It’s hard ain’t it and it’s really not working for you is it? Decide what is the best social media platform for your business, master it, once you do so you can move on to mastering another platform. This will eliminate the overwhelm, stress and inconsistencies of trying to manage more than one social media platform.
5. Don’t Multitask-Do you multitask? Now how’s this working for you my friend? Tough isn’t it? This study here says that most people, 98% of us to be exact fail at multitasking, only 2% are successful at multitasking. I know that I’m in the 98%, try blogging while cooking and see what happens. Ha ha! No, I didn’t burn down my home, just a pot of food.
It’s impossible to multitask, especially if you’re performing tasks that require your undivided attention such as blogging. Just focus and complete one task at a time. Giving one task at a time actually increases your productivity whereas juggling more than one tasks decreases your activity.
6. Stay On A Strict Schedule- Once you decide what your daily action plan should be then you should make great effort to stick with it or you won’t get results. If you’re like me and have or currently struggling with consistency then this is a great way for you to practice being consistent by sticking to your action plan and tacking massive action the activities in your daily action plan each day.
7. Interruptions in your schedule? General Distractions? Re-group, Re-focus and Resume/Start Over– You we’re in the middle of completing a project……and the school calls to come pick up your sick child or you just didn’t check off everything on your to do list today because some other personal or business matter had to be resolved. These things happen sometimes, so is life. Simply pick up where you left off the next day or whenever everything is resolved.
If you are finding that you are distracted by strolling your news feed, by other members in your household, by the cell or mobile phone or any other general distractions you need to simply eliminate these distractions for example by shutting off the phone, give the kids something to do such as cleaning out your desk. Let your family know your working hours as to decrease any interruptions or distractions or if possible send the kids to grandma or auntie. If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed which we all have those feeling sometimes step back regroup, refocus and resume with your tasks.
This concludes 7 Ways To Stay Productive And Consistent As A Stay-At-Home Mompreneur. If you follow these 7 tips, you will find your stress levels decreasing while your productivity and consistency increases, allowing for optimal management of your life and business.
What do you do to help you stay productive and consistent in your business as a stay-at-home mom?
Like, Comment, Share and subscribe!
To learn more about building a business via content marketing and attraction marketing plus tips and hacks about balancing motherhood and business request join my Facebook community, The Virtu Works Fore U Mompreneur Education And Empowerment Group here and grab your freebie, my 48 Content Ideas Checklists Planner here.
Have A Blessed Day!
Rhonda, The Virtu Works Fore U Mompreneur