What Are The 5Ws (and H) Questions?
The 5Ws (and H) the Who? What? When? Where? Why? and How? questions are the basic questions used in mass communications, research and law enforcement industries to report news, stories, events, gather information and solve problems accurately and effectively. In these industries the questions go as follows:
1. Who was involved?
2. What happened?
3. When did it happen?
4. Where did it happen?
5. Why did it happen?
6. How did it happen?
The 5Ws Of Content Marketing
With a background in the study of mass communications, I’m all too familiar with these 5 questions the importance they play in research, investigation and problem-solving. Now you may say what does this have to do with entrepreneurship and content marketing? Now, aren’t we researchers and problem solvers as entrepreneurs? Heck yes, we are!
We are always helping our audience solve some type of problem, however before we can solve their problems through content creation and marketing we must first research and identify several things such as audience demographics, audience problems, issues and pain points, a consistent content delivery schedule, the best platforms to post your content, on what platforms your audience is located to name a few so that you can create an effective content marketing strategy to serve your audience. This is where I created a set of 5Ws(and H) of content marketing for you. They are revealed as follows:
1. Who are you serving? Who is your audience?
2. What problem are you helping them solve? What (solution) are you selling?
3. When will you deliver your content? Daily? Weekly? Bi-Weekly?
4. Where will you deliver your content to your audience? Notifications? Email marketing? Social Media? Where (online or offline) is your target audience located? The best platforms to post and share your content?
5. Why are you creating content? What purpose does your content serve to your audience?
6. How will you deliver (Tools you will use) your content? YouTube? Blogging? Facebook Live? Periscope? Podcast?
Just like the 5Ws (and H), questions help journalists, researchers, and investigators to gather information to get story accuracy they can help content marketers and entrepreneurs to determine the answers to the basics of creating and marketing for their audience. It makes creating content and creating a content marketing strategy so much easier once you have these questions answered.
So what is your who, what, when, where, why and how?
Answer the question in the comments below. I’d like to know your answers to you 5W(and H) questions. Like, share and follow and if you have any other questions feel free to ask in the comments below.
Rhonda, Virtually Here Fore U