Do you want to start an online business, but don’t know where to start? Have you gotten started, but don’t know if you’re on the right track? Don’t worry, I’ve got the blueprint for you to get started with the 10 essentials that you need to get your business up and running. They are as follows:
- Business Plan– A road map (which usually projects 3-5 years into the future) outlining your business profile, strategies and goals to obtain business success. A business plan is usually 10-20 pages long (sometimes shorter 3-5 pages) long. Includes executive summary, business description, operation, organization and management (daily mode of operation), descriptions of products and services, marketing and sales strategy, funding request and the appendix (optional).
- Computer- A desktop or laptop with great internet and or wi-fi connection, an effective anti-virus protection.
- Smartphone- Excellent tool for business on the go (i.g. banking and social media posting and to create value-based video and or visual content.
- Social Media Page(s)- Social Media is an EXCELLENT asset alongside your website to build your business and your brand. Get started on at least 2 platforms at the most. Decide which platform is the most suitable for your business type. For example, if you sell t-shirts, Instagram and Pinterest would be ideal platforms to showcase and market your t-shirts since these two platforms are visual platforms.
- Business Phone Number- A separate phone line and or number JUST for business purposes. There are free apps in your smart phone app store (e.g., sideline) that works perfectly with your main wireless provider, be reminded that carrier charges may apply. For more information, check with your carrier.
- Business e-mail- Next to your smart phone, business e-mail is another great communication outlet to stay connected and communicate effectively to clients and prospects. It keeps your clients and prospects up-to-date with the latest news about your business and much more. You business e-mail should be professional and includes your business name, for example MsFore@virtuworksforeu.com.
- Business License/Permits-Business licenses and permits are required to run your business whether online or offline legally. You can visit your local city hall to purchase your license and or permits. You may need more than one business licenses and permits, depending on what type of business you will be managing. Again check with you local city hall for more information.
- Business Bank Account-DBA (Doing Business As) – A bank account in the name of your business is reserved ONLY for your business transactions. You can visit or call your local bank to schedule an appointment to open your account.
- EIN(Employer Identification Number)– A unique nine-digit identification number assigned by the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) uniquely identifying your business for tax and administrative purposes. To set up your EIN visit IRS.gov.
I hope that you have found value in this post. Please like, comment and share and subscribe to this blog if you like my content. If you need any help at all, getting started with how to started with where and how gathering these essentials to getting started in your business, fill out this form for a 30-minute discovery session here and I will get back with you on more information.
By the way, grab your FREE GET SOCIAL MEDIA LEADS Training here.
Have A Great Day!
Rhonda, The Virtu Works Fore U Mompreneur